What's "Trolling"?

I have seen people use this term, but not sure the context of it. Is this "computer lingo"?

goinginsane1

Asked by goinginsane1 at 12:08 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Basically when people say that they are implying that they suspect the poster to have randomly created an account to simply post obscene, or extra controversial things just for the sake of it.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 12:12 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• It means posting a message just to cause trouble or bad feelings.

Answer by Bmat at 12:12 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• They got it right, but I'll give you the example I use to explain it.

Say there's a group for cat lovers here on CafeMom.
    Someone decides to join that group.
    They then post a bunch of useless topics over and over saying "OMG CATS SUCK LOL I LOVE DOGS YOU CAT LOVERS ARE GAY LOLOLOLOL OMGOMGOMG"
    They're just there for their own amusement, and to piss off the other group members.

Trolls are SO easy to spot if you know what to look for. Report them and move on.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:25 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Thanks for the example! That explains it to me totally! People actually do that? That sucks!
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 12:29 PM on Dec. 19, 2008