3 month old: coughing and sneezing

I know it's common for newborns to sneeze frequently but my son is now 3months old and is always sneezing. he has also been coughing now for a few weeks. It's not a strong cough but I'm starting to worry a bit as it continues. Possibly allergies? i appreciate any help

princess021

Asked by princess021 at 12:14 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a 3 month old who does the same thing. My doctor told me its more than likely allergies because both my other children have allergies and so do I. hope this helps.
    Anonymous

• It could be allergies or it could be a little cold. It is still early to tell. And there really isnt anything you can give a 3 month old. Doe he have a runny nose too? If he does is it clear?
    jeni0323

Answer by jeni0323 at 12:20 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Mine did the same thing at 3 months and I never did figure out what it was. He never got a fever and never seemed bothered by it but he would cough and sneeze and his nose ran a little. I'm guessing it was either allergies or a small cold. I never gave him anything for it and he got over it just fine.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:55 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• no he doesn't have a runny nose. just the cough and sneeze. thanks anonymous, i think that may be what it is.
    princess021

Answer by princess021 at 12:03 PM on Dec. 20, 2008