What do I do next?

So - I cannot get a job and I have my loan with Wells Fargo. What should I do? Empty my home and look for shelter? I'm lost. My relatives have already helped me enough and they can no longer keep helping me financially. I'm thinking about putting my house for rent if I can and look for a place to crawl into I guess...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Money & Work

• get a job doing anything, work at Target wor walmart. there are plenty of jobs out there, i know its hard to get a job doing something different or below what you think you should be doing, but in this economy, just get a job.
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 12:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Why can't you get a job? Everyone is hiring right now for the holiday season. Find a job.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:35 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• try temporary agencies
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:49 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• No really, no one is hiring where I am I guess and the temp agencies are not giving me the time of day. I've even understated my resume to make sure I'm not overqualified. I'm right now just trying to figure out if I need to abandon the house and look for shelter. Although i have to say all my bills are up to date so far. I just talked to my neighbors and they are telling me that people are looking for rentals on my street cause is closed to the schools so, I have decided to try that and we'll see.

Unfortunately BK or Target are only giving me what unemployment gives me or I would be there so fast..
    Anonymous

• Burger King and Target are a little more stable than relying on unemployment. Unemployment runs out.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 3:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• BK and Target are better than no job at all.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:25 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Why work at BK or Target when you could get the same earnings from unemployment and trying to find work you actually want to be doing.
    san-1

Answer by san-1 at 9:22 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I agree with san-1...The amount of money you make for 40 hrs is about the same or sometimes less than unemployment. Why work when you would have to take off if you had an interview. It doesn't make any sense. And for those of you that are saying just to find a job it is easy, you obviously don't work or have a job. I have a very good friend who has been out of work for awhile and she is hustling everyday to find a job and she has a masters degree. Either she's over qualified (which she gets that alot) or she doesn't have enough work experience. It doesn't even matter that she has a degree. It is hard out here for people looking for jobs and I think you should be more considerate and not assume that she is not doing everything she can to find a job.
    tpalmer

Answer by tpalmer at 2:55 PM on Dec. 21, 2008