• In the Spotlight:

What are the signs and symptoms of a miscarriage?

The last 2 days I had some spotting. Then today, all at once, I got very heavy bleeding and severe abdominal pain. I soaked in a hot bath and was cleaning myself and pulled a huge blood clot out of me. After that came out, the abdominal pain stopped completely. If I did have a miscarriage, what should I do next?

jamie2483

Asked by jamie2483 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think that you should have or should now go to the emergency room.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Definintly go to the hospital. That's not good at all.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 11:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM!!!!
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 12:25 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• did you happen to keep the clot? if yes bring it along. if not, that's all right. please do go to the clinic/ ER
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:26 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I HAD A MISCARRIAGE ON CHRISTMAS. I started spotting first. Then came the cramping that later turned into labor contractions. I went to the hospital while waiting the blood and clots just started rushing out. Clots were huge and i lost a lot of blood (had two transfusions) my partner said it looked like a horror movie. Eventually because of the lost of blood the doctor call for an emergency surgery because the baby would not come out and i lost so much blood. But while being prep for surgery they notice that the baby was right there and i had to push awhile before the baby came. Then they did the d&C. You should go to the doctor, because if you have not passed the baby you could put your/baby (if the is still alive) life in jeoprody. Best wishes. Good Luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I can't believe you didn't get to the ER ASAP...did you not listen to anything your OB told you? Common sense, people...geez.
    Anonymous

• why do ppl have to b so mean? this was probably her first baby
    sweetandpetite1

Answer by sweetandpetite1 at 3:48 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• You better go see your doctor.
    You need to make sure about the status of the baby. If the baby didn't make it, your doctor needs to do D&C in order to make sure you passed out all the products of conception.
    yeye615

Answer by yeye615 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2008