My 14 month old's skin

Does anyone's little one have really sensitive skin? My daughter is often a bit rashy on her back and cheeks. The doc looked at it at her 12 month appt., and wasn't concerned. I think it's getting worse, but it seems to be related to heat (like sweating) and she also gets it after the bath.
Anyone else have this issue? Should I be worried?

sfwilson

Asked by sfwilson at 12:25 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Kids' Health

• My son had the same problem with his skin, expecially after his nightime bath, we stopped using the sented baby soap and it went away.
    I suggest trying a different kind of detergent and bath soap with no dyes or sent put in them.
    Anonymous

• my son's skin did the same thing when he was small. He's 4 now and it's not so bad. Try Eucerine cream, it really helped him.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:26 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My son has had excema (sp?) since birth. Its worse in the summer and after bath. I have found that Aveno with oatmeal works well for bath time. I also make sure he's covered with a good lotion from head to toe after bath. Aveno makes great lotions. He was diagnosed with asthma at age 3 and when he's going to have a bout of it he breaks out with excema....
    cheryl4martin

Answer by cheryl4martin at 12:36 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Thanks gals, I'll try those.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 12:39 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• The Eucerine aquaphor works great for dry skin. My doc recommends it for everything from diaper rash to craddle cap.
    Anonymous