If you are a non-Christian and celebrate Christmas....

do you still listen to Christmas Carols (the ones that have a more Christian-meaning)? Do you have a favorite?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I like all Christmas music, I love the season, the weather (usually) and most people are happy and say Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays to strangers. It's just a nice time of the ear and I like the religous Christmas carols too. The fact that they are only used at Christmas time makes them special.
    I like Deck The Halls, because it is one of the oldest Christmas songs, and besides being lovely, I heard it predates Christianity or at least in part. I also like Little Drummer Boy, GoTell It on The Mountain, and Do You Hear What I Hear...a list in no particular order.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:09 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Of course! I love any and all Christmas carols :oD I've sang them since I was a little kid, it's tradition and nostalgia for me.

My favorite is Carol of the Bells, it's so epic. After that, it's O Holy Night. And then maybe What Child is This.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:40 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Yes, I do. I love music as do my sons. We sing and have fun. Whatever comes on the radio or tv we listen to.
    Not going to run screaming if a religious type one comes on. I was raised christian so I still love the music. May not buy into the words but the music is still beautiful.

My fav is O Holy Night(especially the Il Divo version).
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 12:40 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I'm not really a carol type of person... I like some of them though.

I love all the Trans Siberian Stuff!  Awesome!

Oh, and whatever that song on the Wal*Mart comercial is...  That one is pretty too.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Well yeah those songs are classics. I don't know if I have a favorite though. It's so hard to choose!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• The one on the Wal-Mart commercial is Carol of the Bells :oD It became my favorite after the Transsiberian Orchestra did their version, haha.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:50 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I do like the music, but I feel that most of the music can apply to many religions about worshipping God etc, Of course unless its about Jesus etc then its a blatent meaning to the song lol...But I like Silent Night. Its a calming song for me :)
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 12:53 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Hey, OP here. Didn't mean to go anon. I was just asking because I LOVE Christmas Carols and think that most of them (if done by the right person) are gorgeous! Just curious if you ladies agreed, even if they don't carry a religious meaning for you!

Thanks!

BTW, my favorites are Carol of the Bells, O Holy Night, Hark the Herald..., and Little Dummer Boy.
    Oh, and I've been known to bust out a random Christmas CD in July....just because I want to!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:15 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Yep, I love pretty much all the Christmas carols. Some of my favorites are religious in nature.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• That song Mary Did You Know...I love the music to that song as well. Its very soothing.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 2:04 PM on Dec. 19, 2008