im so scared..........

my period was to come on the 17th. Here it is the 19th and I have no sign of my period.
I believe that I ovulated on the 6th. I used ovulation predictor tests.
I have been late only once and it was 1 day late. (I went out a bought a test that day and took it and it was negative. Then my period came later that day.)
I took a test on Wed morning and it was negative.
I am so scared to go out and get a test because I dont want to get my hopes up.
So how long after you miss your period should you take a test?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Wait a few more days. You're just a couple days late. That happens to me all the time. My period usually comes Thursday mornings but sometimes doesn't come until Saturday. Periods are not the most reliable of things!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:33 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• i would wait until i am like a week late then test in the morning. I know how you feel about not wanting to get your hopes up. Well good luck and baby dust to you :)
    Anonymous

• Aww here is some baby dust! Although i must say seems like tis the season to get preggo my good friend had been trying for a year and finally got her BFP so here is some dust and luck coming your way! Anyway I would give it a at least 3 or 4 more days if not a week!! OR if you cant wait go to a dr and get a blood test!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• THANK YOU TO ALL WHO POSTED A ANSWER
    BEST WISHES AND BABY DUST TO ALL
    :)
    Anonymous

• I would wait a few more days. Or if you can't.. Get a test that says it predicts early and test your first urine of the day. If it's still negative wait another week. Good luck :].
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 2:35 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Ok, so if you don't want to spend money on all the name brand tests and stuff, check out your local dollar store or dollar general store. Alot of times they have them for $1 a piece! good luck
    Central_IL_Mom

Answer by Central_IL_Mom at 1:06 AM on Dec. 22, 2008