name quesion please

so i think my hubby and i finally agree on a name

Jacob Oscar Barr

now i know oscar isnt all that cute but its a importent family name to me and my husband so its being used regardless we just cant seem to find a name that goes with it.

tell me if you think it sounds good?

Mommy2B04

Asked by Mommy2B04 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I love the name Jacob. I'm going to name my first son that =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:50 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Actually, I think it is a cute name....Oscar sounds fine as a middle name.
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 12:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• thank you ladies for being nice i have gotten a few rude comments on the name oscar for asking this befor. drives me crazy if you dont like it dont be mean about it just say i dont care for it you know.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:52 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I like Oscar. I think Oscar is a cute name. Our son's first name does not match or go with his middle not at all. But, we're the same way. The middle name is a family name we wanted to use.
    Anonymous

• even if you don't think its cute... if it has family meaning then do it. Me and my hubby gave my son TWO middle names because we wanted to name him after our grandfathers. Ernest Walter. Its not cute no. but the meaning behind is two very strong respectful men Its a strong name.. and he will hopefully be honored to be named after them some day :) Plus i think the abbrevations makes it look professional when he is older.. Mason E.W. (last name)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:57 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Oscar is adorable. I prefer it over Jacob, actually. It sounds great; two syllable first and middle names and a one syllable last name. perfect.
    Hit_Brit

Answer by Hit_Brit at 1:33 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I think it is kind of cute...even for a nickname. My son is Jack after my mothers brother who died as an infant...and his middle name...Augustus...totally a family name, my paternal great grandpa.
    I wanted Jack Aaron but my DH insisted on Augustus...now I am kind of glad, it is a name you never hear and it is being kept alive in our family. Now he may hate us for it when he is older lol.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Initials JOB, Oscar to me sounds like a first name...Just don't name him Oscar (Oscar Mayer)...sorry...kids could b so mean.
    Anonymous

• Did you think about the initials?! JOB?! All I can think of is an old rap like song..."You gotta have a J.O.B. if you wanna be with me!

I know Oscar is a family name, and it helps with the flow of the first and last names, but a general rule of thumb is to have a first name not end with the first letter of the last name....as it tends to run together...Jacob Barr Sounds like "Jacobar."
    Anonymous