Christmas appetizers, snack ideas?

My family has decided to just do a bunch of appetizer type dishes instead of having a traditional Christmas meal. I'm in need of several ideas. Can you all help me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Holidays

• Maybe do a spinach dip or artichoke dip with bread crisps....or broccoli cheese soup....

Oh I'm making myself hungry. LOL
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 12:54 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I love the little smokies, cut a pkg of bacon in thirds so you have short pieces. Wrap the bacon around smokies and secure with toothpicks. Lay them on a cookie sheet and sprinkle generously with brown sugar and bake til bacon is done. Always a hit! Holidays aren't for Diets :) I keep in crockpot to stay warm. I also like apple cider in the crockpot and for Christmas evening add a splash of dark rum to your mug. It is so soothing!! (Hint: Don't add the rum to the crockpot bc the heat could evaporate the alcohol)
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 1:24 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I do a spinach dip. I get the round loaf of pumpernickel and cut it into a bowl shape. Then I cut the piece I cut out into dip sized pieces and put the dip in the bread bowl. It's a very lovely presentation.

Also: Use red and green bell peppers as dip bowls for veggie dips. Just cut the top off, deseed and fill with dip!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Homemade Chex mix, crab dip, taco dip, cheese, pepperoni and crackers, dill dip, veggie try, fuit tray, spinach dip.
    jillmw

Answer by jillmw at 2:56 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Wrap waterchesnuts in a half a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick...bake for 45 mins
    then pour a mixture of katsup and brown sugar and vinegar over them and bake 20 minutes more.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 6:53 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I made these for the first time last summer and they were amazing! I think it was from the kraft web site. It says to thickly slice cucumbers and ball it out to make it like a bowl and to then fill it with philly chive and onion cream cheese and top it with a slice of smoked salmon and sprig of dill. We used fresh field cucumbers and after they were thickly sliced we removed the seeds and continued with the previous directions and put a toothpick through it to make it easier for a help yourself platter. Delicious!!!!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 8:27 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My blog has a couple appetizers with pics and recipes. One is a pate, to be served with assorted crackers. Another is an excellent artochoke dip that is out of this world good!

http://eating-sandiego.blogspot.com

jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:38 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• we always make mini pepperoni bites... take pillsbury cresant rolls and slice the wedge in half longways then put 2 slices of pepperoni and a piece of cheese at the fat part and roll em up! bake in oven following the cresant roll directions. they are ssssoooooooooooooooo yummy!!!
    photomamma1220

Answer by photomamma1220 at 10:42 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• I LOVE devilled eggs!
    A cracker, cheese, and pepperoni platter is a great idea.
    Small dishes of different "finger" foods around the home are good - nuts, candies, etc.
    One of my favorite nuts recipes is called Sugared Peanuts. Do a search online for them, but the basic recipe simply calls for you to dilute a lot of sugar in some water in a large pot on the stove. Add the peanuts and stir to coat. Spread them on a baking sheet and bake for a short period of time. They are so easy to make and delicious!
    I sent them to my DH in Iraq several times and I would make enough for him to share with all the guys in his unit - they asked for them for each deployment they went on together.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:19 AM on Dec. 22, 2008