My son wanted to know will you all ever have a cafe-kid website in the future? He is 13 years old.

lady_w

Asked by lady_w at 1:00 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in About CafeMom

• Yup Myspace and Facebook are it. BUT you should have a rule that you can log on to his account at anytime if you think he may be misusing his privileges. Also let him know that he cannot have friends you do not approve of like adults you don't know personally and that if you see a message you do not approve of then you have the right to delete that person from is friends list. I laid down the law with my oldest before she got her account and I set it up for her so I knew the password from the get go. Also I do not allow her to be on at someone else's house, I do check. So far she has done really well with the rules but I think that is because we went over them before she got the account and not after.
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 3:49 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• its called myspace
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I was about to say...it seems like Myspace or Facebook are the best choices for teens nowadays.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:04 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Oh and there is Myyearbook too.
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 3:50 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Cafe kid would be great! Where only kids can go . i personaly dont think myspace is suitable for a kid. Of course a cafe kid web site would have to be carefuly monitored by child predators..At the end, its really about how much youve taught your kid about online presatoros , or just being safe online.i much prefer cafmom over myspace..its more friendly (at times) more monitored. Cfe kid would be a good idea.
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 4:11 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I agree I wouldn't send a 13 yr old to Myspace, Facebook and for sure not Yearbook! I believe there is a Disney social site for kids under 14.
    LancesMom

Answer by LancesMom at 5:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Thank you all for your valuable information.
    lady_w

Answer by lady_w at 9:04 AM on Dec. 22, 2008