I have morning sickness so bad...all the time how can i stop it?

I just want to stop having it i am 3 months pregnant and i still have it all the time especially around food!!

everae

Asked by everae at 1:07 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The one thing that usually helped me was to chew minty gum!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 1:08 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I found these candy cane tootsie pops, those seemed to help. Or saltines.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 1:11 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• saltines and water
    georgiagirl1007

Answer by georgiagirl1007 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• i am sorry no advise i threw up through my whole pregancy i was throwing up with morning sickness the day i went into labor, and nothing helped me nothing, but he is worth it :)
    mandyjh

Answer by mandyjh at 1:19 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I feel for you. I had morning sickness like that and then when I hit 12 weeks it vanished. Pregnancy should be a happy time right?

I agree with the mommies about sucking on a hard candy of sorts or chewing gum. It did not work as a cure for me but made it more tolerable.

There are some safe medications that you can take if it really gets bad. An over the counter medication is dramamine that may help you. My doctor prescribed me Reglan (metoclopramide) which is a pregnancy safe prescription medication. I was vomiting violently and reglan was a lifesaver.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:25 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• That and you can try vitamin B-6 (available over the counter at CVS, Walgreens, etc.) or the motion sickness wrist bands--the bands worked the best for me!.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:45 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Oh yeah LoriKeet my doctor suggested B-6 to me as well I just never tried it, I kept forgetting about it.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:48 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• chocolate milk helped with me! :)
    ashcrash

Answer by ashcrash at 2:22 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Milk and a banana...sounds gross but for some reason settled my stomach. There are drugs your doctor can give if it is really that bad. I had lost 8 pounds in two weeks...and that was lying around doing nothing...so he gave me some meds and it helped some...I suggest cherry Jolly Ranchers too. Never take over the counter drugs or vitamins...without asking your doc first.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:37 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I would lay in bed in the mornings and eat saltines and drink sprite before I would ever even get up. Then lay there for a few more minutes and that helped out so much.
    delta27

Answer by delta27 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 19, 2008