how many of you think it is stupid to put your lil 5 or 6 yr old girl in a beauty pagent??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would never. But thats me. I think it starts putting beauty, make up, hair, what you wear as too important of an issue in a world where were are already force fed too skinny, too unhealthy, love me for my body and not my brains world. In our home we teach self acceptance, self love, internal beauty ahead of cheek bones, hip measurements, hair color, make up and thousand dollar gowns.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:52 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Not me, my 8 yo SIL and 5 yo niece do pageants. They love them, they are trying to get me to put my girls in, but I can't afford the dresses esp. w/ a 3rd baby on the way.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 1:12 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• why is that stupid? As long as you know and your little girl knows its just for fun and she enjoys doing them once in a while? I dont see how that is stupid every little girl wants to dress up all pretty. I dont think you should take it over board but if the kid is having fun and knows she will not always win then what it hurt?
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I think its ok, as long as it doesn't get too serious. When they stop having fun, its time to quit.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 1:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• As long as it is fun and not too serious,it is fine. My daughter loves them. She is really girly, she does competitive cheer, power tumbling,pageants, etc. It keeps her busy and teaches her discipline, sportsmanship, and a lot of other good skills. I make sure she remains humble, uses her manners,etc. She is really confident and loves the attention and performing,so why not. I like to support her and be there for her. I would take it all away in a heart beat if she wasn't doing what she is supposed to.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 1:17 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• As long as the little girl wants to do it and the parent isn't forcing her to, then I see no problem with it. The problem only happens when the mother turns into a crazy person, forcing her child to look like a mini porn star.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:20 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My daughter loves them!!! It gives her soooo much confidence and really teaches her to act like a little lady!! and not to mention the scholerships they can get!! not stupid at all!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 1:25 PM on Dec. 19, 2008