Holy itching nipples!

Who else has super itchy nipples? I don't remember my nipples itching so much with my DS. Ugh! And I'm leaking already, too, at 29 weeks. Is there any relief, or am I just going to have to scratch my nipples off.

nwdeserangel

Asked by nwdeserangel at 1:19 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• LOL! This is so funny, cause I have the same thing and its really annoying! I have just been using anti inch oil. Its supposed to be for your belly, but whatev. :)
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 1:22 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• have you tried the lansinoh stuff? It worked for me
    Destinovas

Answer by Destinovas at 1:30 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• lol i have the same issue i found a great cream that was actually recommended to me from this website lol.
    Its called
    Udder cream you can buy it at walmart its in the lotion section.
    Its great stuff and works wounders plus its like 1.00 and some change for it.
    Lol it was made to be rubbed on cow nipples lol go figure but it works i suggest getting yourself a bottle plus works well if your belly itches to.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:30 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Try some NEOSPORIN. As long as your not breastfeeding your DS still. And buy some of those breast pads.For the leaking.

Answer by louise2 at 1:31 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I have it and I don't think it is funny :( it SUCKS!!!! I am 32 weeks and after actually causing an open sore on my nipple from scratching I decided to figure out some ways to get rid of the itching.

I have started using the baby oil that I use on my belly on my breasts and massaging the oil in while I am taking a bath or shower. When I am done with the bath or shower I immediately massage a body butter into my breasts and belly. This helped a lot! If I would get an itch later in the day I would just body butter my nipples.

I must say that not only is the itching now almost non-existent, my boobies are looking mighty pretty.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:32 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Lots of great advice, I still have some pureLan 100 and have tons of body butters. I'll try it all. I'm not leaking enough to use breast pads yet, it' only a little here and there. But goodness, this morning, i thought I was going to scratch my nipples off.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 1:50 PM on Dec. 19, 2008