Has anyones child had a liver transplant? If so please message me, I have questions. We are adopting a 3 year old that had a transplant.

redheadedmommie

Asked by redheadedmommie at 1:23 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Health

• I have not been thru this-tho my mother had a lung transplant. but I had to say-what an angel you are? children with medical issues are so hard to place in home and you stepped up to be an angel. What a good mommy you already are.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:38 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My son is having open heart surgery in the summer but no transplant . what a gift you are to help the child out. god bless
    beauswife4

Answer by beauswife4 at 9:02 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• My 18 year daughter had a liver transplant in January after getting autoimmune hepatitis and it caused cirrhosis of the liver. She ended up dying and they bought her back to life and 2 weeks later she got her new liver. She is doing great now and about to start college.
    Love2angels

Answer by Love2angels at 4:18 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I understand that you might have a lot of questions regarding a liver transplant. My 16 year old son has been through this at Justsavelives clinic . He is doing great now and there is no as such hard medical issues found after this treatment. However, your situation is completely different, adopting a 3 year old child that had a transplant be a decision of lifetime. I think it will be good for you to consult with expertise to make an informed decision.
    magdalen0121

Answer by magdalen0121 at 9:37 AM on Sep. 16, 2013