when did you stop using baby detergent? Or when DO you plan on stopping?

I have a 14 month old daughter and she gets really dirty and I'm worried the baby laundry soup just isn't cutting it. Should I stop now? Is it too soon? What is some good soap? Or any suggestions about cleaning dirty clothes will help lol =) Thank You.

Mrs.Wills

Asked by Mrs.Wills at 1:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

Level 1 (-1 Credits)
  • I have a 7 month old and I use it periodically. I use the All Free more often. It is free of dyes, perfumes, etc and it is cheaper than Dreft. My daughter has not had any problems.
    mama2gracee

Answer by mama2gracee at 1:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I never used detergents for babies. I always used my regular detergent. Presoak all light colored clothes in bleach. Go out and buy a bottle of color-safe bleach (yes, they sell it without it already being in laundry soap) and soak all darker colors in that then wash with which ever detergent you feel comfortable with.
    QueenWeibchen

Answer by QueenWeibchen at 1:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My daughter is allergic to all kinds of detergents so we plan to never stop using the dreft because of that...
    Babyduche

Answer by Babyduche at 1:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• We always used All Free & Clear for her clothes and ours. Most "baby" detergents are full of dyes and perfumes which are not good for anyone's skin, especially a baby's.
    jaycee1124

Answer by jaycee1124 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I never used it. I just used the natural detergents, with no colors, smells, or artificial ingrediants.
    TwistedMama27

Answer by TwistedMama27 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I used Dreft for my first son for the first 5 years because I just put his stuff in with his baby brother's clothes. When #3 came along (when #2 was 2 years old), I switched the first two over to our regular detergent (Tide). Never had problems with Dreft not getting the stains out. I did use Shout stain remover or bleach (for the whites) on the baby's stuff before washing when needed.
    BensonMommy

Answer by BensonMommy at 2:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I use All free and clear on my daughter's clothes because of severe eczema. She is 19mo. I use regular on her twin brother's clothes because he doesn't have skin problems.
    tfmmpmmdmmom

Answer by tfmmpmmdmmom at 2:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I never used the Baby detergents...too expensive, just use All Free its the same thing :) And both my children have extremely sensitive skin and we never have had a probelm. :)
    flmomx2

Answer by flmomx2 at 3:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• We use All Free and Clear for all our laundry. Both my kids had skin issues and our doc recommended it. Plus it was a bonus that it is much cheaper than the baby soaps.
    tinak4

Answer by tinak4 at 4:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I never used baby detergent.
    Krowla

Answer by Krowla at 8:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2008