When is abortion necissary?

I recently had no choice but to terminate a pregnancy. It was tubal and it was either both our lives or the baby's. I chose to terminate the pregnancy. Is that any different than being pro-choice or pro-abortion? And those who are against abortion, would you have done the same thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think abortion is a very touchy subject and it just depends on the case. I think you made the right decision, it really sounds like you didn't have any other choice. I'm not even so sure I would classify that as "abortion". It was a life or death situation. I think people that use abortion for birth control are crazy. But each case is different.
    Anonymous

• When your life is at risk, it's necissary.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:32 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• You had no choice-you and baby would have died. There are some hard core anti-abortion people who may say"omg you took a life and should have let God handle it" but don't listen to that. It was a medical procedure done to save your life and I am sorry you had to go thru that.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:32 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• in a situation like that you dont have a choice but to terminat a tubal pregnancy is super dangerouse.
    I think thats different from being pro choice.
    and yes i would have done the same thing your not really given a choice the baby cant grow in your tubes so you got no choice in the end.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• One more thing? if it was tubal-how did they do an abortion? with tubal pregnacys they give nuclear medicine to "dissolve" the pregnancy since there is not safe way to get into the tubes. just curious....
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:33 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• On a case by case basis. With a tubal pregnancy, it will never be carried to term, so that's putting the mothers life at an unnecessary risk. But to use abortion as a form of birth control, that sickens me.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:34 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I am pro choice and have had 2 tubals that i chose to terminate they wouldnt have made it anyway.....i dont agree with abortion uless its medical or a rape or incest situation.... but i dont have to agree with womens choices and they have a right to choose what happens to their own bodies and their own babies.
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 1:35 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• They gave me the chemo-therapy drug.
    Anonymous

• I don't consider tubal pregnancies. To be real pregnancies. Because it has to be removed. Or that it is a true abortion. But that's my opinion

Answer by louise2 at 1:37 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• i would only do abortion for 2 reasons

if both lives were in trouble
    or if the child was going to have problems (downs and etc)
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 1:44 PM on Dec. 19, 2008