is this true???

ok i had a miscarriage (it was my second one in a row) 2 weeks ago at 11 weeks. when we told the family that i had a miscarriage my SIL said in front of everyone that i might have lost the baby because it was a boy! She continued on saying that some people cant carry a certain sex and i might not be able to carry a boy! I have never heard of this before and was just wandering if that is true, or if this was just something she made up to make me feel bad.

deadlywhisper

Asked by deadlywhisper at 1:37 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• sounds like she was tryin to make you feel worse as if you didnt feel bad enough already. I dont think there is any truth to that what so ever. People misscarrie for many different reasons but i dont believe thats one of them.
    Sorry about your loss keep your head and im sure in time it will happen.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:40 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I've never heard of that and did some quick research and found NO supporting info. I a no specialist, but then again, I don't believe your SIL is either. I would confront her as to how much that hurt and also ask her where she got those facts. I would also make her apologize tot he family AS A GROUP to her non factual announcement if in fact, she has nothing to back her up. Some people *sheesh*
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 1:40 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I have never heard such a thing! And for someone to say that to you is horrible! I am very sorry for you loss!
    Anonymous

• Uh, did your SIL smoke crack before saying this? That is not a way to make mommy and daddy feel better :( it is not even true!

Most miscarriages happen because there is a chromosomal abnormality in the baby which is very common and the baby just can't survive.

Keep your head up girly, I have been through the miscarriages and wanted to know why as well. The truth is that you may never know and to dwell on the reason will tear you up. Just know that you did not cause them.

As far as your SIL goes, just be sure that the people listening to her were probably thinking she was nuts as well.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:43 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I have never heard of this before. My aunt had 3 miscarriages and then ended up having 2 girls and a boy later.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 1:47 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• If it were me I would B*tch slap her across the face with a baseball bat, shes full of it! Im sorry you lost your baby thats just horrible of her to say!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• i've never heard of that...and if you have talked to your dr and there's nothing wrong with you then keep trying because you will eventually be able to carry the pregnancy out...i look at it as there's a reason for everything that we go thru in life..
    Anonymous

• I hope she didn't MEAN to hurt you by saying that, I'm not sure what your relationship with her is like... if she's not a total B*TCH then just chock it up to stupidity. I would definitely correct her and tell her she's wrong, because that's not true. But a lot of people say stupid things when they don't know what they are talking about. They think they are helping, maybe even making you feel better, but they are just idiots.
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 2:24 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Did you ask her from what medical school she earned her degree?
    I would ignore this kind of ignorance...don't tell her anything private or personal ever.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:30 PM on Dec. 19, 2008