how to get over it

i wanted out of my marriage for about 4 years. I was bored, we didn't commuicate, we were more like roommates. tell me why am i so angry that he left me for another woman? I should be glad, which i am to be free again, but not the way it was done. i would have never had an affair first.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• I believe you have every right to be angry. even though your relationship was faltering, he should of been a man about it and broke it off before leaving the way he did. but at the same time go out and enjoy life and find yourself a man worth keeping! I wish you well! :D
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 1:50 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I have to agree with kayge.. It sucks he choose to end things the way he did but now you're FREE... Go out and enjoy it. Go dancing, go get drunk, go flirt shamelessly with the cute behind the counter, go buy yourself a new outfit . Do something that is going to make you feel good about you and CELEBRATE your new life! AN dyes Iknow how hard it is to be cheated on and left, and in retrospect it was the BEST thing that could have ever happened to me...It will be for you too!
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 1:56 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I'm sure you are wondering what the other woman had that you didn't. How was he able to form a relationship with someone else, and not give our relationship a chance?

Well, I have no doubt that men who cannot give their marriages and chance, and stop trying, will NEVER have successful (long lasting) ones! In time, he will get bored with his new relationship, and he'll go off to another.

You should be glad that he's moved on, freeing you up to find someone BETTER than him! The new girlfriend will be in your shoes soon enough! Mark my words...the cheating type are NEVER satisfied!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:58 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• "Success is the sweetest revenge"...my favorite quote. I understand you are hurt by that, who wouldn't be. He should have ended the marriage first. But he has done you a favor! The lack of communication in your marriage might have meant he was cheating on you all along! It probably won't last. . Soon you will meet someone who will truly love you. Look forward to meeting that guy! In the meantime, just hold your head up. You were the bigger person in this and Karma is a bxxch.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 2:08 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I understand that you're hurt but you should consider that expletive did you a favor. Now you can find a man that is a man and has all, or at least most:) of the qulities you desire. Your ex sounds like he wasn't worth your spit and that's probably why it hurts and that sucks. But you'll bounce back and he'll still be an expletive;)
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 2:27 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Well, you got what you wished for...just not in the way you thought you would get it.
    I think he handled it poorly..you get rid of the one you have before moving on...but whats done is done...your best revenge is a happy life!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:24 PM on Dec. 19, 2008