Type question here.I had sex with my boyfriend after i stopped taking my birth control pills.I ran out of pills on a sunday and we had sex that next day.. which was monday..could i have gotten pregnant that quick from that one time???

shamane

Asked by shamane at 10:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• There is always the chance that you could get pregnant. The pill even when taken properly is not 100% fool proof, and when the body is jerked out of the routine, anything is possible. Be careful next time (if you aren't pregnant...) Good luck!
    Bamma283

Answer by Bamma283 at 10:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• highly unlikely...takes your body MONTHS (at least 3) took me 5...to get back to normal after being on ya pill...
    lainlogansmom

Answer by lainlogansmom at 11:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Possible but chances are slim. You would have had to be ovulating at that time. You'd be more likely if you had sex like a week after missing the pill.
    MrsP777

Answer by MrsP777 at 11:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Well, I don't know that I necessarily agree. My husband and I had sex once on the first day I was not on the pill and quite a few times within the next week and ended up pregnant. So you never know! Wait until you are at least 5 days from your expected period and take a pregnancy test. If you even think you might be my suggestion would be to stop your pills and use condoms until you know for sure. Good luck.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 4:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• There is always a possibility of becoming pregnant anytime you have sex. The only sure way to prevent it is to NOT have sex. I know someone who was on the pill and got pregnant with fraternal triplets. You are pregnant right, so what difference does it make?
    Anonymous