Am I The Only One?

Am I the only one who if told my pregnancy was ectopic would demand that they try to relocate the baby to my uterus? I absolutely could not knowingly kill my child, even if a relocation were unsuccessful at least I would know that I'd tried!

dedicatedrider

Asked by dedicatedrider at 2:05 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I owuld ask for the relocation as long as it would not casue significant harm to me or the baby. I have two other children I have to consider and if there were a chance I would be seriously injured or die from the relocation then I would have to admit to myself that this one was just not meant to be.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 2:07 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I would be devestated if told I had to abort a life. I did not know that they could relocate the baby. No I do not think it strange to want to preserve life.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 2:08 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I didn't think that was possible??? If it's possible to do that, sure, but I've never heard of such a thing even being possible.
    Besides, it's easy to say that until it happens to you.
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 2:09 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• No, just like you I would do anything to save my baby. I don't even know it is possible but you had better believe that I would ask.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• You can demand it all you want - not going to happen. It's not medically possible at this time.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:14 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I was going to say...I did not even know that was possible. I didn't think so. It is not like you are willingly having an abortion...nature is funny...maybe that is natures way of letting us know something is very wrong in the first place.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:25 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• its not medically possible right now and i agree with salexander its natures way of letting you know something is wrong. If its not ment to be it wont be theres not much you can do.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:28 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I would too.
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:28 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• cuz you are a great mommy and yes if it was possible to save the baby do what you have to do.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:37 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• If it were at all medically possible, I would demand away! I've discussed this with my hubby and his view is that it would not be an abortion as there is no possible way for the baby to survive and is one of the many results of sin in the world. I'd feel bad, but knowing I'd have his support either way, that makes me feel a whole lot better.
    dovetailthreads

Answer by dovetailthreads at 6:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2009