Testing too early?

I took a test on Wednesday and another one this morning, I am supposed to get my period today but it is 2pm and it still hasnt came yet which it usually comes over night or early in the morning. Both tests I've took are bfn. Am I testing too early? When should I wait to take another?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• 7 days!
    Anonymous

• At least wait until your missed period.
    lisab7982

Answer by lisab7982 at 3:18 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• well technically if you are positive you are supposed to get your period today then NO it is not too early to test. The reason they tell you to wait until you miss your period is because it takes almost two weeks for the baby to travel from the fallopian tubes and implant itself into your uterus. So if you know that you ovulated 14 days ago then it is not too early to test. If you are not a regular ovulater or you ovulated only 6 days ago then maybe and yes respectively. They say you can test up to 5 days early and then give those percentages like "17% positive on 5 days early" because those people's embryo's were already implanted. Your body will NOT produce HCG until it is given a reason , i.e. an embryo is implanted. You may have ovulated a day or two late and it may not implant until tomorrow so you still could be prego. Let us know.
    28yroldgranny

Answer by 28yroldgranny at 8:16 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I am currently 4 days late on my period and still have a BFN! It happens to a few people, you don't get a positive right away even when you're late, sometimes you have to wait as much as 18 days past ovulation to get a positive. I'm still waiting!
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 8:50 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• holy crap, i should be 14 days past ovulation now. I just bought an Answer pregnancy test that comes with two and I still have one from the dollar store left. I think I will take the Answer tomorrow morning and see what happens.
    Anonymous