What did you do to lose weight fast?

I'm the mother of a 3 month old son, and I only breast feed. I gained 60lbs during pregnancy! went from 142-206. gained most of it in the first 5 months!! and I have the WORST stretch marks EVERYWHERE!! I have currently lost about 40lbs. I would really appreciate dieting tips, exercise tips and any other weight loss tips you have!

Asked by stephanie409 at 6:54 PM on Jul. 23, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I cut back on bad carbs and sugary foods.

Answer by louise2 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 23, 2011

• There is no safe FAST way to lose weight. It took time to put it on, it takes time to take it off. Cut portions, cut calories, exercise.

• I love the Atkins! I know it's not the healthiest way to lose weight, but it sure is the fastest lol. Also, I used to workout twice a day!

Answer by Helen2004 at 7:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2011

• When I feel snacky, I eat a cucumber, tomato, and onion sliced up and tossed with apple cider vinegar, and a hint of salt. It fills me up, and is very diet friendly.

Answer by ashlet01 at 7:40 PM on Jul. 23, 2011

• For me I tried to get a balanced diet and I calorie counted. Plus a ton of exercise. I'm done 85 pounds in a little over 6 months.

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 8:08 PM on Jul. 23, 2011

• You should see Erica_Smerica's before and after pics! She looks amazing! =)

I've lost 65 lbs (slowly only because I'm not perfect with my diet). I eat clean, run, bike, and lift weights.  It really is all about diet and exercise.  Portion control is very important.  Keep a food journal and use a free online tool like to calculate your calorie intake (be sure to actually measure your portions when doing this- don't eyeball it).

Here is some more general weight loss advice.  Good luck!!

Answer by musicpisces at 9:31 AM on Jul. 24, 2011

• I just started the 17 Day Diet and have lost 6 pounds in the first 5 days...its very low carb ,clean eating. 2 fruits before 2pm, 2 yogurts a day, 2 cups of green tea, lots of water and unlimited veggies and lean protein. That's the first cycle. 2nd cycle you start adding more lean meats, seafood and whole grain carbs. Its been very easy for me and I don't feel hungry.

Answer by gramsmom at 2:10 PM on Jul. 24, 2011

• ate low carb , lots of water

Answer by letstalk747 at 8:27 PM on Jul. 24, 2011

• High protein, and count your calories. Normally anything over 2200 a day without exercise will cause a gain. Eating too little slows your metabolism down. It just doesn't happen fast. Fast typically means gain back. You have to be able to live this way because diets don't work.,

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:10 PM on Jul. 24, 2011

• Eat REAL food. P90X is great too.

Answer by H.I.S. at 12:41 AM on Jul. 25, 2011