Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

birth control??

i have been trying to get pregnant for 10 months and nothing has happen but i was pregnant one time befor but i lost it march 3 08 cuz my hormones were to low so im thinking thats why i cant get pregnant so i was thinking i should start taking birth control for a few months do you think it will bring up my hcg??

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

Answers (7)
  • I don't know the science behind it, I can just share my odd experience. After 15 years of unprotected sex I never got pregnant. I started the birth control pill to regulate my menstural cycle and actually became pregnant while on the pill, not once but TWICE!

    The first time I miscarried, the second time... well I am due any day.

    Maybe this will bring you some hope.

    Answer by girlneffy at 2:28 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

  • I don't think birth control will help but I'm not sure. I heard about a natural herb called Vitex are Chasteberry that helps with low hormones. You can get it at a health food store for under $20.00. I found it at mine for $11.00. Maybe you should check into that. Good luck and baby dust. Happy holidays!

    Answer by TiffanyReed at 2:29 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

  • also my doctor told me that my uterus is sidewayscould that be it too?

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

  • i would talk to your doctor about it and get on something to bring your levels up. They deal with this all the time

    Answer by krazyash023 at 2:30 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

  • Oh, I should mention I was only on the pill for three months. I got pregnant the first and third month of being on it.

    Answer by girlneffy at 2:30 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

  • A pill won't bring up your Hcg, because HCG is only present when you are pregnant.... if you want to get pregnant nd you are having trouble, birth control probably isn't going to help... you should definitely discuss this with your doctor.

    Answer by MamaCatCat at 2:35 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

  • You definitely need to go see your gynecologist. These are questions that HE/SHE needs to answer for you. There may be another problem.

    Answer by heather.huckaby at 3:48 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.