Does your DH call you names?

My DH and I have always gotten along really well, but lately he has been kinda mean. Calling me names likes dumb or stupid...but last week he called me a fat a**, and this morning while I was trying to feed the kids he called me fatty....does this ever happen to you and what would you do about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• My ex husband NEVER called me names like that, none of my long term BF's would say such things and my fiance has never been so mean.

If anyone would say such demeaning things to me I would confront them and have to talk about it immediately. No such thing would be tolerated!

This is just the way that I see it, I don't know how you handle confrontation but it sounds like one is in order.

BE STRONG!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:36 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Um, NO.

That does NOT happen in MY house.

We may tease each other but it is loving and fun.

Sounds like he is a JERK.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:38 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My fiancee KNOWS better than to call me names but we do tease each other
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 2:40 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• he WON'T call me things like that. I do get the occasional being a "B!^@#" but he regrets that one too. The worst thing he says to me is "I bring in the money!" and "I pay the bills!" like i don't do anything being a STAHM. Even though we have discussed it repeatedly that even if i made over $12/hour (almost impossible in our area) it still costs $1300+ a month for our two babies to be in daycare. so no way we can afford for me to work! It actually made me cry a couple of times! I want to help but we actually save money with me staying home.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 2:41 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My Ex and I called each other all kinds of names..in the end. But that's why he is the EX. Your DH should not treat you this way. You should try to get firm on that right away, before he gets used to it. It is very abusive. Don't stand for that at all. Demand the respect you deserve.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 2:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• No, not like that. When we are VERY angry and arguing we may say things to each other like, "You're being a b**ch/a**hole." And that's only in the last couple of years (we've been together 6yrs).

Otherwise we don't straight up call each other names. That has always seemed to me like one of the worst things you can do in a relationship. I hope you have a talk with him about it, at the least.
    Anonymous

• Absolutely NOT.

We'll call each other names if we're playing AROUND (and both people know it's play), but never in anger or as an insult.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 2:55 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My DH calls me all kinds of names but they are always nice ones!!!! You need sit him down and have a very open heart to heart. You need to make sure that he understands that while he may not be meaning to ...he is being vertbally abusive. You have to stand up for yourself so that he understands that since you respect yourself he better well respect you too. Good luck
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:01 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My hubby calls me names all the time, but they are sort of made-up words or phrases. For example, he calls my tummy my "puffcake", because it is well, puffy since having kids! So he is clever and likes to coin words and stuff and its hard to get mad at him for that.
    Anonymous

• It takes one to know one.
    Anonymous