My DH's addiction is becoming my addiction!

How do I stop it?
It peanut butter. We go through 2-28oz jars a week. We eat it multiple times a day. On apples, celery, toast, in sandwiches. He's gotten so bad, that he puts it on cinnamon rolls and we only eat peanut butter track ice cream. And my DS is being effected by it also. He screams for peanut butter.
How do I help my family with this addiction?

nwdeserangel

Asked by nwdeserangel at 2:36 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• You can't go cold turkey:) so I would start off by getting the healthier brands because peanut butter can be fattening... but as far as addictions go at least you have a healthy one. A lot of peds. say that when you can't get your child to eat to give him/her a spoonful of pb beacuse of the nutrutional value.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 2:40 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Definitely just buy peanut butter that's healthy for you. There's not really anything WRONG with your addiction. If you don't like it, though, just start limiting the amount you guys can have in a day, and eat other things.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 2:54 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• LOL am i the only one that finds this funny? sorry I don't mean anything rude, it's just I never heard of being addicted to peanut butter. I suggest you just buy only one once a week and make it last. If it doesn't last until the next week then try to go without. If he is still screaming for it, then buy it but limit how much you guys eat and make some other delicious food. lololol
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 3:05 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• LOL, I posted more as a joke to lighten the mood a bit. I'm glad I gave at least one person a laugh.
    But very few people seem to want to help me with my 'addiction'. lol
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 3:10 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• lmao i thought it was a joke and I saw other people answering seriously so I was like "oh here i go again, finding humor in everything" lol so no pb addiction?
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 3:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Try it on waffles with syrup! Soooooo good!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• feesh what kind of person are you trying to get someone to dive back in when they need help from the addiction? lol jk!
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 3:14 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Been there. I'd eat it in the middle of the night with chocolate. GOd I had to go one diet pills and I stopped binge eating. Thank god for those pills. Cuz I was gonna die from peanut allergies,,,,,,,
    Anonymous

• Well, there is a peanut butter addiction, but I don't see it as detrimental to my family or my relationship.
    My DH puts it on pancakes and french toast as well.
    And for those of you concerned, we do eat organic (kept in the frig).
    LOL on the last comment, sweet.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 3:19 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• oOo yay I found another way to add fruit in our life. I buy it but we never eat it so now I can dip it in pb! I've heard of it before but totally forgot. Geez I must have a lot of time sitting here talking about peanut butter.. Well I'm getting off now bye bye!
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 3:22 PM on Dec. 19, 2008