hi everyone as a new mom i have so many questions, im 18 weeks pregnant and every morning there is a little crystal like coming out of my nipples, does anyone know what this is?

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 2:50 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• its colosterome just getting ready to produce the food your baby will be eating as soon as its born it full of vitamins and good stuff before the milk comes in
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 2:52 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• i know i spelled that wrong i hope you know what im saying
    butterscotch297

• This called colostrum. It's like pre-breastmilk. You will produce more of this the further along you are. One or two days after you give birth you will begin to produce actual breastmilk which will be thicker and whiter in color. Hope this helps and congrats!
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 2:54 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• so its dry colostrum? cause its just a tiny crystal like light yellow pebble that i always take off!
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 2:54 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• the clear liquid? i had it too. it's just because your body is changing and you are starting to make milk...it's nothing to worry about...they may get a little sore but if they do just put a warm rag or heating pad
    Anonymous

• It is dry colostrum. You may start to find this in your bra at the end of the day as your body starts to produce more. Wiping it off is fine. Other than washing well it's about all you can do.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 3:05 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Yup i had the little crystal teardrops too. With all of my pregancies actually. I would wash it away in the shower cause sometimes trying to "pick it off" hurt like hell when my boobs were uber sore.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:07 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Like the others said its just colustroum and perfectly normal. I am 38 weeks pregnant and I get it. I actually had to start wearing nursing pads so it does not leak into my bra.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 3:54 PM on Dec. 19, 2008