I don't know what to do anymore w/ my teen! She is falling apart and i can't help her, cause as far as my other two are concerned I'm the problem! She is depressed and taking her anger out on everyone! Now I'm starting toget depressed cause of the things she says and they way she says them. She seems as she doesn't care about life or us! What do I do! or what can i do! crying like there's no tomorrow :(

tinkerbell33

Asked by tinkerbell33 at 10:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• I would think about getting her to see a counselor or some other adult that you are comfortable with her sharing her feelings with i.e. her aunt, grandmother etc...
    Anonymous

• Try not to loose your mind. You are not alone. I ask other parents all the time if their children act like they are aliens. The answer is yes. I have a 17 year old daughter and always ask her what happened to my "real" child. Try to be patient, every child is different. If you think though that she may be in danger, you may want to alert authorities as to her actions and get some professional assistance (suicidal etc.) Good luck mom!!
    Bamma283

Answer by Bamma283 at 10:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Is she doing illegal things? like drugs,ect? If so I would see about getting her into some kinda rehab or like boys and girls town? Or shes just being a typical teen, sometimes you just have to back off and let her make her mistakes, to an xstent, ofcourse.
    maisynmommy

Answer by maisynmommy at 11:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I would seek counseling.. It sounds like it's becoming increasingly more difficult on you and your family...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• This happens in families. Can you take her out just the two of you? Maybe try to get away from everyone else in the house and you two can talk about how she is feeling. Ask her what you can do to help. If this doesn't work, seek counseling. Good luck! You need a break! *hugs*
    comfycouch

Answer by comfycouch at 12:05 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Counseling
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:23 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Has your doctor checked her for out of whack hormones? She may have a personality disorder. I have Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) and it can cause us to go into rages. You could have her tested at a mental health facility. One of the symptoms is depression (along with others as well as the rages). We tend to fly off the handle for no reason...or so it seems to others. She's probably miserable too and doesn't know why she does it. You would be helping her by finding out.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:34 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I read this, and this very well could have come from my step-mom! I was/am the same way, and when I was deep into my depression, all I wanted was for SOMEONE to take me seriously, and realize that when I said that I didn't care about schoolwork, or about anything, that I was being serious. I wanted help, and nobody seemed to be able to take me seriously. I did get counseling (still there), and have been on medications. The best thing you can do is to take what she says to you seriously and get her help. It may not seem like it, but she really does want it. The way you react and the way you deal with things is key in her improvement. At one point, the way my parents dealt with me became the big issue. Then again, my step-mom is gone now, and I feel much better...she was one of the biggest problems. Counseling is good, and medication can help, but I would start with going to her doctor! He'll help you figure out what to do.
    Karleyy

Answer by Karleyy at 2:17 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I agree, my daughter needed help when she was 13. She was depressed. I did a lot of tip toeing around, that is useless. When she started doing dangerous things I was like "whoa" and took her to a hospital. Turns out no one is capable of helping a crazy teenager. Go figure.
    So we ended up with her in counceling for a maybe 6-8 months. She got some really good coping skills that she still uses to this date.
    One thing the therapist said that made so much sense. These girls are going through things so much earlier and having to cope with it all with such immature minds. The stuff they are dealing with at 13 I didn't deal with until 21. So they need help. It is not a parenting flaw if your kid needs help.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:31 PM on Jul. 21, 2008

• One word.Hormones! This sounds just like me when I was her age. I had no idea why I was acting that way at the time and she probably doesn't either. I am 44 now and it took me until my 30's to figure out that I am hormone sensative and that was where all the emotion was coming from. She doesn't mean everything that she is saying during these outbursts. I would recommend that you really listen to her and have calm conversations in a quiet sweet way about how she is feeling. If she doen't want to talk , then give her time... and hug her and tell her you understand how hard it is to be a teen.(my Mom never really listened to me) I found a great book called 28 days how your cycle effects your life by Gabrielle Letcherman. It is for written for adults It is nothing short of amazing! Every female should be given this book at birth!! You should be able to find it in bookstores, but if not , try half.com and Amazon. Good Luck (Hug)
    mickimcgee

Answer by mickimcgee at 11:26 AM on Jul. 23, 2008