• In the Spotlight:

Exzema tips???

I have a 10 1/2 mo. and a 2 1/2 y/o both girls. Who both have Exzema (super dry skin patches) Does anyone have any other tips? We use Eucerin Creams(extra dry skin moisturizer) and an Aveeno oatmeal bar (also for ultra dry skin) everything we have is hypoallergenic and super moisturizing. These things still haven't helped out too much I was wondering if you knew of anything else to try out to alleviate some of this dryness from my babies?

watersgirls

Asked by watersgirls at 2:53 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have eczema and so does my son and we use aquaphor....it really helps!!!
    Denise859

Answer by Denise859 at 7:35 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• mary kay stuff will help...my daughter has it on her legs, arms and back. its the only thing i have found that works...and all of mary kay stuff is hypoallergenic and fragrance free. its made for sensitive skin
    DariAnn

Answer by DariAnn at 3:04 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• The only relief I got from exzema was cream prescribed by my doctor. I can't remember the name, just that it's the only thing that worked.
    good2me

Answer by good2me at 3:14 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My baby girl (2 1/2) has the same problem. And her skin is ultra sensitive. The ped. suggested I try Eucerin and I did, but turns out she was allergic to it and it just made the situation much worse. The only lotion I can use on her is the Aveeno Baby that's also fragernce free. We use it twice a day and it really helps. Good luck! :)
    Sookie02

Answer by Sookie02 at 3:27 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I have been using creamy Vaseline on my DD after baths and I lather her up good and it has been controlling it pretty good . Also been using an Antibacterial soap instead of oatmeal . Oatmeal soaps and washes breaks my DD out worse so it was always a loosing battle .
    CrystalDawn2506

Answer by CrystalDawn2506 at 6:26 AM on Dec. 20, 2008