Do you consider this "white trash"??

So, my husband and I put plastic on our windows so all our heat doesn't go right out. He was telling a friend of his (he is in the army) about it because his friend was complaining about how much his electric bill has gone up just in the past month. His friend thought it was a great idea. The next day my husband came home from work and told me that his friends wife said that she didn't care how much her electric bill went up because she would never ever put plastic on her windows, only "white trash do that". I was so offended. I am NOT white trash! Do you consider that white trash?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Is the plastic clear? Or are they like garbage bags? I would never put up garbage bags but if it's clear I don't see a problem.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:59 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• hahahahha i'm not white trash.. FAR FROM IT.. and i do this also. Thats soooo funny. I hate the way it looks, however i'd rather save money... and its only up for a few months :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• clear.. they sell it at stores.. you use a hair dryer and it sticks and it works amazingly
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:00 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Well then you and I are in the White Trash boat together lol. We have the insulation plastic on the girls windows and in the play room since that seems to be where most of the heat goes. I'm sorry if we're trash for not having an extra 400 dollars to spend on heating bills. I thought the term for it was eco friendly or money saving, lol.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:00 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• LOL no. You only use it for insulation not as an actual window right? lol now that might be a little trashy. I guess I could understand how people might think it looks tacky but to hell with tacky if it's saving money!
    Anonymous

• Uh is it really white trash to save energy by using the clear plastic to cover the windows? NOPE!
    It is smart and that lady is a bitch.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 3:01 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• NO, that's being wise and saving money!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 3:01 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• No I don't but then again that is my opinion. I think that was rude of her to say that.
    People should keep their thoughts to themselves. I swear>
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:02 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• LOL i have plastic on my windows. i just put it up i've never thought it was white trashy... it's funny i live in a trailer (not in a trailer park) and have plastic on my windows! that's hilarious and obviously she is up tight and a ... (insert name here) ... as long as it's not like black trash bags i don't care it saves me money for my kids and helps them stay warm!
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 3:02 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Hey sounds good to me. I don't see how that makes you "white trash" though. It's clear, you probably can't even tell it's there! She sounds like a snob!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:02 PM on Dec. 19, 2008