What kinds of things do you do for Christmas when your kids are older? (17-24)

pkdrummer

Asked by pkdrummer at 3:06 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Holidays

• The same ole things. My boys would have a fit if I did not do the same things I always have! I have a 17 yr old and a 20 yr old and they STILL love to bake cookies and lick the darn bowl! I also have 4 other boys younger than them and a granddaughter SO we make a couple of days of it!
    Even though my oldest is grown and has his own family, we still do everything the same...stockings and all!
    I will be cooking for the first time on Christmas day at my house and everyone is excited!
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 3:12 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My son is 19yrs old.. I consider him "grown" now.. I have a 15yr old daughter also.. My son will get a few things this year but not as much. He has a job of his own and can buy what he wants for himself. My daughter on the other hand cannot! I cook a HUGE meal for the "grown" kids. That is our present to our grown kids. We buy for the ones that can't buy for themselves..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 5:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My sisters are 17 and 19 and when my kids do gingerbread houses and make cookies they are right ther elbow to elbow. They are getting pretty extravgant gifts this year (lap tops...OMG) but that is unusual! Usually they get clothes and perfume and bath stuff.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:04 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• same things as always...as a matter of fact they tend to freak if I try to deviate from the norm.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 6:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Hide an envelope of cash in the tree
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:53 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• We go to Mass on Christmas eve and then out to a steak house. We come home and read the Nativity and enjoy each other. Then on Christmas we have a big dinner and open gifts. My daughter and I bake cookies and make candy--some to give away and the rest for the boys:-)

Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 7:43 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• We do some of the same traditions we've done since they were born. The one gift they open on Christmas Eve is always a new pair of pj's to wear that night so they will be wearing them Christmas morning as they get their pictures taken. When they were little I use to put their filled stockings at the foot of their beds while they were sound asleep - can't do that anymore...lol...so I just place them under the tree.
    They help decorate before Christmas and add their own special decorating styles.
    They love to cook the cookies themselves now.
    They love to wrap the gifts they purchase.
    We still go out as a family one night before Christmas to view all the lights and we attend Christmas Eve services at church.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:15 AM on Dec. 22, 2008