just wondering if anyone knows anything about a condition called chylothorax or feta hydrops. my son was born with it and wasnt supposed to survive. i just wanted more info about it. thanks a bunch

baby illness. 6 chest tubes, he was on morphine and intubated.

ilovemyson8808

Asked by ilovemyson8808 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Health

• Were you given information at the hospital? How is he doing? I know a little about it, but usually when it is caused from trisomy 18, not as much when it is caused from chylothorax. I did find this though: http://tchin.org/resource_room/c_art_15e.htm. If you search for "congenital heart disease" you may be able to find more understandable answers and some support groups. One group I work with locally is www.savinglittlehearts.org -- they may have some good information or links for you.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 5:35 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• It can also be caused from a virus such as parvo according to my dr. My daughter has it too.
    IdahoMom2

Answer by IdahoMom2 at 7:11 PM on Dec. 27, 2008