How do I make sure they tell him?

Ok so my SO works in a plant making car sub-frames. His friends Son had to go to the hospital last night and his wife called and told the boss. but the boss didnt tell him until HOURS later when they had done all their work. I am 9m pregnant and will have this baby any day. How do I know that if I call and tell them I am in LABOR they will tell him. And I dont have any wya to get to the hospital until he gets here. we only have one car. Iam so worried.

And about my SO's friend Iknow they dont Have to let him leave but they could have at lest told him his son was at the hospital. I mean its kinda important.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think at this moment you should tell your husband to let his boss know that his could happen any day. If the bos knows ahead of time he will probably knwo that this is serious and that you need a ride to the hospital. I'm sure the boss will appreciate it also because he will be able to think of someone else to give the work to just in case your husband has to leave. If you absolutly go into labor you should atleast let the ambulance take you. You could put yourself and your baby in alot of danger. if you get there before your husband he wont miss much they'll examine you and put the heart beat monitor. My bpyfriend had to drive an hour when I went into labor from work and he got there with plenty of time. Don't stress it! But come up with a plan now! I hope the best for you and your delivery
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 4:33 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• You need to, right now, get a plan in place to get yourself to the hospital when you need to go without having to wait for your SO to get home.

Can you take the bus? taxi? neighbor/in law/friend? Worst case, you call 911.

Is your SO not allowed to have cell phone while at work? Pre-piad phones are easy to purchase and you only pay for the minutes you use. Going forward you will need one for emergencies.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:02 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• No he isnt allowed to have one. And my friend said she wont take me if I cant wait for him. I plan to be home AS LONG AS I CAN STAND IT
    Anonymous

• I understand your desire to wait for him, but if you're in the last stages of labor you are going to have to call 911 and have an ambulance take you to the hospital.
    Iknow you said you can't get him a cell phoone but maybe can you get him a pager? Something small enough he can stash in his pocket and has a vibrate option so he does'nt get introuble if it goes off?
    I know it would be hard for him to try to finagle his way out of work "because of psychic vison that his wife is in labor" but at least he knows he has to leave when that thing starts going off.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:12 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Sorry they are not taking you seriously but it is a horrible plan to "stay home as long as you can stand it." you are risking you and your babies life. Husband needs to tell bosses that if you call and say "I am in labor" they need to let him know immediately. But for them to take it seriously you cannot call him at work unless it is an emergency involving you and him-not someone else's family even if they are close.Plan to call 911-remember, you would feel horrible if something happened to your baby because you were stubborn.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:12 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Also, the hospital will call hubbys work when you get there and then boss has to tell him.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:14 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Ok, so the friend is out. So that leaves taxi or ambulance. How much does a taxi cost to get from your house to the hospital? You can call different companies around town and get a pretty good estimate. Put that amount of cash + tip in your hospital suitcase in an envelope marked "TAXI" - trust me, you will appreciate not having to think about it when the time comes!

If your SO is not allowed to have cell phone on the plant floor, can he stash one in his locker - that way you can text him or leave a VM? You can also introduce yourself to his boss and explain the situation and say something like "I know you will help out with getting him this message!"

And WTF is up with your "friend" - that sounds rather fishy - why wouldn't she want to take you to the hospital? Is there something more here?

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:15 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Bearsjen
    Thanks but I know what i am doing by staying home I did it with me last. I know when i have to go. And thanks for the advice I NEVER call him I NEVER have called him at work except after I had our daughter and my stitches opened up. Once in 2yrs I think they would take me seriously if I called them wouldnt you.

And beside this is about them telling him not me staying home or how I am going to get to the hospital. And he is not allowed to have ANYTHING "outside" with him once he is working.
    Anonymous

• sorry it was suppose to say she would take me i dont know why i wrote it that way
    Anonymous

• OK, that is not how I read the question.

You have NO CONTROL over what the plant does or how they notify him. I'm assuming there is an employee handbook he was giving when he was hired and there are guidelines for him to follow about breaks, outside communcation, etc. He is allowed breaks, correct? Lunch?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:33 PM on Dec. 19, 2008