For those who not always beleived in God but now do,

What did it take for you to accept that there is a God. Did something drastic happen to you that it changed your view on the world? How has your view on life improved?

aMbeR012005

Asked by aMbeR012005 at 3:59 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I wouldn't say it was anything drastic or what anyone would consider miraculous, but for me, I had to seek Him out. Even though I didn't believe, I honestly wanted to. I envied people I saw who had such firm faith and belief in God. I was afraid of death, and wanted reassurance that there was something else out there. For a long time, I sought out some kind of "proof", but I had no results. It wasn't until I was able to truly humble myself and pray for an answer that I received what I was looking for. It's hard to pray when you don't know if God is there or not, so at first I was just going through the motions, but eventually He revealed Himself to me in my heart and I knew, without a doubt, that He was real and that He lives.
    Faith precedes miracles. The Lord will not reveal Himself to anyone who is not seeking Him.
    4boysmom32

Answer by 4boysmom32 at 4:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Wow! That's an excellent testimony
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 5:32 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I was an atheist just about all my life. I never really had faith as a kid and I just didn't understand people who did.

On the night my mother died, God spoke to me.

Now I'm a Pagan.
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 6:19 PM on Dec. 23, 2008