how do i disipline my 10 month old?

my little boy just started walking when he was 9 1/2 months he is now almost 11 months and i am constantly telling him no dont touch this or that and he knows what he is doing because he will make sure to get my attention and then he gives me that look and goes after the samething i pulled him away from. i need advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• well hes to little to really do much more then that. So its either remove him from the situation and say we dont touch that or you put up whatever it is you dont want him to play with so that its out of site out of mind.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:02 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• You cannot punish him at that age-I agree with pp,, you have to watch him, and move him to another area if he is going for something you don't want him too. Also agree with putting away things you don't want him touching. He's just a baby and he has no idea if something is worth $1 or 1 million. Sorry but that's life with kids....
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:06 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I know of a GREAT book that you might find some good ideas in... it's written by a Christian, so I don't know how you would feel about that..... if you are interested in learning the title and author's name please send me a message =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 4:07 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• With mine, i slap his hands, bust him, say no no, the same ol same ol... It doens stop or help though... They are wondering about everything, you just have to watch him...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:15 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Saying no in a firm voise and moving your little one away from the things he shouldn't be near is the best way to go about showing him what is and is not right. They ULTIMATE key here is to be consistent. EVERY time he wants to play with the VCR, move him away and tell him no. Don't let him get by with it once... because he'll never listen to you. I too have a wonderful book that you might find very useful. Let me know if you are interested.
    theitalian3721

Answer by theitalian3721 at 5:24 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I read today that babies that age don't understand the word no. I totally disagree. My little man will be 10 months old on christmas and he understands no very well. We tell him firm "NONO" if that doesn't work we move him away and say it again... after that we tap hands or diapers. Not hard just enough to get his attention. He'll go up to something he's not alowed to touch and we will tell him no. he'll sit up cross his arms and grunt out of anger and crawl away. they know more than ppl give them credit
    LuVzLiFeMoMwIfE

Answer by LuVzLiFeMoMwIfE at 6:22 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My oldest knew what "no" meant at 4 months (he was very grabby). They do understand what things mean at that age - consistency is the key. A firm "NO" and a gentl flick on the back of the hand works wonders.
    dovetailthreads

Answer by dovetailthreads at 6:40 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Oh, another thing - always speak in gentle tones to your kids - you can be firm but don't yell. If you yell then they will learn to only obey when being yelled at.
    dovetailthreads

Answer by dovetailthreads at 10:28 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• He could be wanting more attention. Plan as you can throughout your day 5-10-15 (whatever is possible) min intervals where you get down to his level and play with him and only focas your attention on him. Sometime it's just as simple as that. You never know unless you try
    LuVzLiFeMoMwIfE

Answer by LuVzLiFeMoMwIfE at 2:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2009