My 5 year old has stinky armpits. Help!

Asked by KR4Prez at 4:14 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Health

• wow..i heard pubaty starts earler and earler.
    You might need to go ahead and get deoerant.
    and more showers.

Answer by mama2twins07 at 4:17 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I have 2 kids 5 and 7 years of age and I know what you mean they have this grown up small smell about them so I started to use deodorant on them they like it . They are very ticklish what kid isn' I just put a dab on them not like you would on yourself I do this every morning or every other morning.

• if you don't want to use deoderant try baby powder

Answer by LuVzLiFeMoMwIfE at 6:19 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Deodorant should be OK, ask the pediatrician when you tell her about the problem- she needs to know- even if only to discuss this with you. Anyway I think that deodorant would in general not have the worrisome chemicals that antiperspirants do, So maybe a natural deodorant. Or maybe a little baking soda. Definitely bathe every night (or morning) and wash the underarm area in the morning, too. Ask the pediatrician about it and for recommendations.

Answer by Bmat at 8:27 PM on Dec. 19, 2008