Do you have a metal Summer baby gate?

Okay this isn't really a question; it's more of a warning. My 14 month old son just pulled our metal Summer baby gate open. He was pulling on it (he wanted to go down the stairs) and it popped open. I was right there and thought I hadn't shut it tight so I shut the gate again and he pulled it open again. I'm still in shock. If you have one of these gates WATCH OUT. If anyone has had similar experiences please let me know.

chrissmom734

Asked by chrissmom734 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes I have one of those. They do open if you push hard enough on them. I have had to tighten down the tension caps more than once. I even had them making holes in the walls they were so tight. That was the only way to prevent that.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 6:24 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• yes and mine are not like on the top of my stairs but more the hall way so if he pushes it to hard he won't fall down the stairs
    humboldtmama21

Answer by humboldtmama21 at 9:03 PM on Dec. 19, 2008