Is this a good gift for a fantastic teacher or do you have some other suggestions?

I can't appreciate his teacher enough and all of the improvement he has made this school year with his autism.

I really want to get her something for her classroom because we all know that teachers get a small budget to work with and that teaching is a passion to them. Especially to his teacher.

I was thinking of buying a bunch of art supplies that most classrooms cannot afford like those foam stickers, glitter paint, foam sheets, felt, different yarns, specialty papers, and so on.

Good idea? Bad idea? Other ideas? She teaches Pre-K

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 4:53 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Holidays

• Excellent idea! Good for you. This and a nice note expressing your appreciation. Something else that might be appreciated, maybe at the end of the school year. is a written letter to the board of education praising her.

Answer by Bmat at 5:01 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I think that is good. So many teachers are spending their OWN money for supplies.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 4:55 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• That's awesome!!! and maybe a card made at home or something like that to go along with it? but definitely what Bmat says about a written letter or thank you to the board of ed. about how wonderful she is and all the improvements.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 5:18 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• All my teacher friends would so appreciate a gift like that. Go you!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 5:22 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I'm a teacher (although high school mainstream) and I think you're sooo sweet for thinking of your child's teacher! How wonderful that she has put so much effort into your child. Just make sure that the things you buy are things she'd use. Or, if you don't know, get her a gift card to somewhere that sells school supplies. Also, in autism rooms, there are usually plenty of teacher assistants. Call one of them to double-check that the supplies you're buying are the right ones.

Good luck!
    orangeorbie

Answer by orangeorbie at 6:35 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Excellent idea!!
    delta139

Answer by delta139 at 7:43 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• That's a great idea but I agree with the post that suggested a gift card. I clean out our craft supplies at home every few months or so and take in what we have. So I also think supplies are a great idea. I love my son's teacher and we found a frame at a speciality gift store that has words of praise for teachers. I'm sure she likely has one already but she is great and I look forward to her being my daughter's teacher next year.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 8:23 PM on Dec. 19, 2008