7 week old eating 2 ounces every two hours....

This is tough.....is there anyway of getting her on a better schedule like 4 ounces every 4 hours...that is what my son use to do at this age. Just makes things a bit harder this way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Jul. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Offer a little bit more and see what happens. As you know, every baby and child is different. What one does and second won't always do and vice versa. So what worked for your first may or may not work, the only thing you can do is try and offer her more. she might take more and still need to eat every 2 hours.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2011

• My baby is a little over 3 weeks old & in order to extend the feeding time, I increased her formula amount. She drinks 3 1/4 ounces every 3 hours. If she wakes & want's to eat after 2 hours, I will hold her & walk around with her & she'll fall asleep & wake again at 3 hours by herself. She will also drink more if I wait & go longer between feedings. If she takes 3 1/2 oz. she sometimes goes 4 hours max if she is sleeping. I was told to give 1/2 an oz extra in the bottle at feeding times just in case they want more. GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:45 PM on Jul. 25, 2011

• My daughter was and still is a snacker. She has never eaten very much at at time.
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 1:02 PM on Jul. 25, 2011

• Try increasing to 3oz and see if she takes it and stays asleep longer.
    I really don't remember what my older kids were doing at that age but I'm sure it was more like 3-4oz every 4 hours but my youngest was still doing 2oz every 2 hours until he was like 2 1/2 months. Drove me nuts. He eventually started taking more and then at 3 1/2 months started sleeping through the night but still ate every 2-3 hours during the day (4oz at that point). It felt like I was constantly feeding him but since he was sleeping all night I didn't complain, lol. He actually was still eating every 2-3 hours at 10 months (6oz though). It wasn't until 11 months that he started going longer between bottles and now we weaned him. I thought he was going to give me trouble but I started giving him milk in his cup and that was it. He went from 4 bottles a day last week to 1 bottle for 2 days to none. Crazy kid.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:38 PM on Jul. 25, 2011