Is it just the baby or something else?

I am 36 weeks pregnant. And lately I have been feeling this pain in my stomach. But I know that the baby is big and doesnt have a lot of room to move around. When I feel it my stomach get all tight and it seems to push out more, and my back hurts at the bottom.

My question is it is just the baby stretching or could it be contractions? It last for about a min and dont really matter if i move around or not it dont change.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Sound like it could be contractions.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 5:07 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• it could be braxton hicks. i had them for a few months with my first. with my second i got them really bad for two days before i went into labor. they lasted about 30 sec. to about a min. very inconstantly though.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 5:08 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Sounds like Braxton Hicks,

I get the same pain, but alas, if back pain is moving to the Front of your tummy call the doc,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 5:16 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• They are Braxton Hicks. They can be intense, but not really painful. The closer you get to delivery, the more intense they get. I had them for almost five months before my daughter was born. If you time them, they won't be consistent. Try it sometime. You'll know when they become real by the pain and consistency. Braxton Hicks are just your body's way of preparing iteself for labor.
    theitalian3721

Answer by theitalian3721 at 5:18 PM on Dec. 19, 2008