Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Can CPS take my kids?....

My ex went into my house and found my old phone.. and there were guys numbers in there (we aren't together remind you).. He texted me saying I'm a cheating bitch and he is calling CPS because I am a drunk. He has messages on my old phone where I was texting and had been drinking..

My house is clean..
I have tons of food..
My kids are fed & clothed..
I don't do drugs..
I have a full time job..
I drink occasionally..only when my kids are sleeping.


Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Jul. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (11)
  • You could actually press charges for breaking and entering, stay off the phone from now on,, esp when you have had a few.. But no, he won't be able to do anything,, and you could actually have him get in big trouble!!!!

    Answer by kimigogo at 2:29 PM on Jul. 25, 2011

  • Not if what youre saying is true. Alot of times CPS deals with these isues. Sadly it takes away resources for those who truly need help.

    Answer by gemgem at 2:23 PM on Jul. 25, 2011

  • not for that, nope

    Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 25, 2011

  • Good Luck! Change your locks!

    Answer by dancer at 2:24 PM on Jul. 25, 2011

  • Not for what you have listed and as long as your not pissed or on your face why? You should call the cops on him for being in your house when you did not let him in.

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 25, 2011

  • I don't think they can just because a bitter ex has a grudge. They will have to find something else.


    Answer by momto2boys973 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 25, 2011

  • No, not if that's all he has.

    Answer by Dr.Donna at 2:24 PM on Jul. 25, 2011

  • I would think they might have to do a welfare check but once they see that everything is to par they may offer you services but you can turn them down. CPS isnt really this horrible monster like many believe. Yes they take child away if they need to usually in cases of meth and herion and coke and stuff, not for MJ and drinking. Abuse is a no brainer. But they do all they can to make it so the child can return home. CPS is great though. Ive had run ins with them a couple of times. Not that Im a bad parent but Ive had spiteful people call and they do a welfare check.

    Answer by Shani527 at 2:30 PM on Jul. 25, 2011

  • I went to the landlord.. and my landlord contacted my ex's parole officer.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:36 PM on Jul. 25, 2011

  • Just don't drink from now on unless someone is there to watch your kids. What if there was an emergency or a fire or something and you had to get everyone out of the house? Drink, if you must, but don't get drunk. As for him breaking into your house, call the police. And change your locks so he can't get back in.


    Answer by banana-bear at 3:20 PM on Jul. 25, 2011

Next question in General Parenting

Next question overall (Toddlers (1-2))
Twin bites