is it possible

i am five weeks prego and last week i started to bleed but the docters coulden't tell me anything but that i may have had a miscarrage but i may not of i went back to day and i stopped bleeding and my test said positive but im still waiting for blood work results............ could i have a misscarrage and then a couple day later still have a positive test

sarah549

Asked by sarah549 at 5:31 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yes
    i had a friend who miscarried and still two months later came up poisitive in the pee stick. the hormone just may have not flushed out of your body yet
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 5:33 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• yes if your levels were high enough then it would cause a positive still. They havnt done a u/s to see? I was bleeding at 5wks and they did a u/s to see where the blood was coming from. mine wasnt seriouse and everything was fine. Hope everything is ok for you to.
    Anonymous

• You can also spot about a month after conception!
    babyjakesmama

Answer by babyjakesmama at 5:39 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• i had an exam do and they said the bleeding was not coming from my ureuse that it was still closed
    sarah549

Answer by sarah549 at 6:07 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I bled throughout the first trimester with my first, starting around 6-8 weeks. I was told I was miscarrying, and there was nothing to do. They tested my levels and they kept going up, so it was determined that I was still pregnant. Now I have a 22 month old son :) GL and keep you chin up.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 6:08 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• thanks for hopeful answers im really hopeful to me in my heart i really don't feel that i lost it
    sarah549

Answer by sarah549 at 6:14 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• It is so tough. For 3 weeks, I had to come to grips with the fact that I was going to have to let this baby go and there was a reason for it, even if I didn't know what it was. When they told me I was still pregnant, I wasn't sure if I should be happy. Even though I knew I was still pregnant. Then every time I bled (which was often), my heart would stop and I would have to kind of coach myself through the reasons that I was bleeding. I hope that you get good news and have a wonderful pregnancy. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 6:33 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I just read your response about the bleeding not coming from your uterus. Most likely your bleeding is like mine, which seems to be fairly common. Mine was from my cervix. Any strenuous activity or sex and I would bled like crazy.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 6:37 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Spotting or bleeding - 20-25% of women have spotting during pregnancy. Spotting after sex or around the time your period would have been due is not uncommon. If you have spotting during your pregnancy, give your doctor a call. More than likely a phone call to your doctor will ease your mind.

http://www.justmommies.com/articles/five-weeks-pregnant.shtml

I asked the doc they said it was common ...but i would get further testing
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 6:58 PM on Dec. 19, 2008