Painful Ovulation?

I have been having SEVERE pain in my lower abdominal. I have had history of Ovarian Cysts but I thought maybe it was either one side or the other. Has anyone had Severe lower abdominal pain and it WAS from painful ovulation? I have some Hydro left from a previous surgury so I've been taking it but when it wares off I'm back into severe pain!

angieluv

Asked by angieluv at 5:48 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Health

• Wow. That's bad pain! I have ovulation pain for about a week most months and I've had this for several years. But advil works for me.
    I went through testing 2 years ago before I got pregnant with my son. I forget the name of the test (very long name) but they put dye in your cervix and fallopian tubes and take an x-ray. It's pretty painful. But I found out I have a uterine fibroid which is not harmful but is probably the cause of my ovulation pain. One of my fallopian tubes was completely blocked too so they said endometriosis was a possiblity. I disagree. I had a burst appendix 10 years ago and I think it caused scar tissue on that tube and ovary. Besides my ovulation pain is always on the left side, opposite the blocked tube. So, my point is, I think it's just the fibroid causing the pain.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 9:16 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• It's possible to have painful ovulations, but if you are having such severe pain you require narcotics, you probably need to be checked out by a dr. or midwife. They should rule out appendicitis, depending on the side the pain is on, or possible bowel issues. Feel better!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:33 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I have very bad ovulation cramps, every other month. I call it the bad egg. lol. It seriously puts me out of commission (can't even move) for at least 15 min til the Advil kicks in. The ovulation cramps are much worse then menstrual cramps for me.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:40 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Well, I dont have an appendex anymore (since 1997!) or my galbladder (since 2006) so those two are ruled out. I hate this, lately it has seemed like if its not one thing its another. I'm feeling a little bit better....after taking 2 hot showers today. (I hate baths) So I'm hoping that the worse is over. If not, I'll be calling my OB first thing Monday morning!!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 1:32 AM on Dec. 20, 2008