Want to work at home...no selling!

what can I do to stay at home and work without selling anything?

K_Cutee

Asked by K_Cutee at 6:12 PM on Jul. 25, 2011 in Money & Work

• im right there with you......i want something legit like data entry or transcription
    tasha080808

Answer by tasha080808 at 6:13 PM on Jul. 25, 2011

• Are there any legit envelope stuffing jobs out there?
    K_Cutee

Comment by K_Cutee (original poster) at 6:14 PM on Jul. 25, 2011

• I would like to do that too. How much could you make?
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:15 PM on Jul. 25, 2011

• Have you looked into court transcription? I used to do it when I lived in PA and I have a cousin that does it now. It has changed since I did it but you can make better money than direct sales with a lot less pressure. They do have time crunches though...
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 6:20 PM on Jul. 25, 2011

• I would totally stuff envelopes even for like 5 cents each! Haha. I went through medical transcription school and graduated in February and I've been applying for jobs and gotten nothing yet. However, I have been doing surveys online for a good 5 years and at times have done fairly well with it. ($200 a month) It does take patience though. I have had my mother, sister and a couple friends try it out and they never really got much. You just have to stick to it and be patient for the dollars to stack up. There are also a few sites that send paid emails. Which means you get like .02-.05 cents per email that you read. Only a few pennies but better than nothing! lol
    amy_rebecca

Answer by amy_rebecca at 6:21 PM on Jul. 25, 2011

• there are calling centers where I live, I worked at one. I answered customer service calls for AT&T.. Back when I worked there, there was an option to apply to work from home. you had to go in for training for a few weeks.. (paid training) and then you got set up with equipment and could work from home. it was legitimate. I would recommend finding a call center in town and seeing if they have anything like that available
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 6:29 PM on Jul. 25, 2011

• yes there are legit "envelope stuffing" jobs lol.. the problem is this: you either have to have worked for the company for awhile for them to trust you enough to work from home, or know the bosses.. I do this type of work.. however it's for my parents business. It's really difficult to find those type of jobs without knowing someone in the company or business.

what talents or degrees do you have? If you like hair you could try cosmetology school.. or if you like skin or waxing, esthetician classes. if you like kids you could look into a day care license.. or babysitting, but be sure to read your state laws behind those two, there is a fine line between what you need to be a day care and just a babysitter, so check up first.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:53 PM on Jul. 25, 2011

• I personally never found one that paid enough. Or I had to have the kids in daycare because it had to be silent.
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 8:58 PM on Jul. 25, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with small business marketing and medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:56 PM on Jul. 25, 2011

• There are some real places out there, there are also a ton of scams. I sifted through a ton of places before I found some that really work for me. I dont buy or sell anything, and I never spend a dime. I've got a list of the places (and more detail than I can fit here) on my site Earn Money Online

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:07 AM on Jul. 26, 2011