What is the best thing you like about being A SAHM?

I did not work when my children were at home but began to work when my youngest started KG. I worked for two years and have decided to come back home. In the beginning it was rough but now I'm actually starting to enjoy it.

Sis.Jackson

Asked by Sis.Jackson at 6:00 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• Knowing that you are hand raising your kids, not having to worry if someone else is teaching them to do something you don't approve of, and never missing a moment.
    LuVzLiFeMoMwIfE

Answer by LuVzLiFeMoMwIfE at 6:06 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I like being able to get to them at the drop of a hat if something is wrong at school. I like the extra time they have to do homework. I like being able to be a face at their school. Someone the teachers and staff know. I LOVE the arts and crafts stuff (especially this time of year!) . I do beleive I work hard and get a little pissy when people think otherwise.....BUT I cannot even fathom how moms who work outside the home don't fall flat on their faces from exhuastion. B/C I know when I worked I was STILL expected to do most of the house stuff!! Bless you ladies!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:07 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• You know your kids are being raised by you, not a stranger at day care

Answer by louise2 at 6:11 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• momof03404: That is exactly what I was going through. I like to show my face at my children's school. I found out that the more I make myself known the less trouble they get into and are more studious
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 6:16 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• staying in my p.js all day lol
    ALLSPORTMOM

Answer by ALLSPORTMOM at 7:03 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Developing a relationship with my three kids that has deepened and lasted from the time they were little to the present and it continues to grow. We never had the silly teen aged stupidity nor rebellion--they have always been fun to be around and always did things as a family.

Being able to stay up late and have hour long talks with all three as they were growing up from life, politics, religion, sex, character, history, and just their daily lives, hopes, and dreams.

Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 7:37 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• that someone else isn't raising my kids I AM!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 7:41 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I agree with everyone. Knowing that I am raising my kids and knowing what is going on with them instead of trusting someone else to treat them right. The PJs thing is also another perk.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:48 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I don't have the regret of missing the "little things" like his 1st time rolling over, steps, words, feeding himself, boo-boos, tantrums...lol He's been healthier not being in a daycare. I love to wake up with him snuggled in between my husband & I. The hugs & kisses, a helper to do dishes, clear the table & put away laundry. I couldn't imagine not being home. It would break my heart.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 10:02 AM on Dec. 20, 2008