Diaper Rash? Burning Poo!

We can't use diaper rash cremes and my DD has been having the wicked burning poo! What else can we do to get rid of this bright red poo burn? I never leave her in a dirty diaper for any length of time. I've done the neosporin like my mom has told me to and this time around it's not working!!! I don't know what else to do?!?!

watersgirls

Asked by watersgirls at 6:28 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• CORNSTARCH!!!!CORNSTARCH!! It works great for diaper rash and for each time you change.Be sure to wash w/ a warm washcloth each time you change ...pat her bum dry then sprinkle the cornstarch on all over. I use the cornstarch each time I change my girls.I put it in an empty powder box so I can just sprinkle it on each time they get changed :)
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 8:14 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Aquafour you can get it at wal mart where the vasaline is they may even have it in the baby isle now. Its not ment for diaper rash but works really well for it. Its gental on there skin and protects really well with a soothing feeling.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 6:30 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• aveeno baby makes a diaper rash cream you can try.. but once you do get rid of it vaseline will help keep it away!!
    boogirlsmommy

Answer by boogirlsmommy at 6:39 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Why can't you use diaper cream? Allergy to zinc oxide or something?

Utterbalm
    Mylanta and corn starch
    Oatmeal bath
    Hylands diaper ointment
    Let it breath... keep the diaper off for awhile and put her on a towel
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:54 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Put corn starch on her bum when she is wearing a diaper. Let her bathe in Aveeno Oatmeal bath.

Pobresita!!
    Anonymous

• And this, believe me is something that will help immensely: blow dryer. Dry her bottom with the blow dryer on the cool or low setting. Helps to get it thoroughly dry down there before you put another diaper on.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 8:16 PM on Dec. 19, 2008