Tell me your tecnique on potty training a boy.

What are you tricks and how did you potty train your boy?

maisynmommy

Asked by maisynmommy at 11:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had a girl, but I ot this tip from another mom and it works well. When your home, take his pants and underwear off. He'll begin to realize hes bare and needs to use the potty. My dd only wet the floor maybe once or twice and it was soooooooooo worth it!
    AshleySloan3

Answer by AshleySloan3 at 11:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Ok I put cheerios in the tiolet and told him to aim at them. I also took off his diaper and let him be in a pull up and told him if he needs to go potty to tell mommy. There were many times he went in the pull up but when he started to go potty in his pull up and he was told you are a big boy and need to use the potty. You have to sit them down on the potty every 1/2 hr or so and tell them to go potty. It will help them with the going them selves.
    Anonymous

• very beginning i had bring my son to Walmart to buy him a sit that attach directly ontop of the toilet, and i ask him to choose it. When we get home he is very anxious to try it. So i had him sit on the sit for 10 mins and the more he did the longer i set the time. Then he foliow his daddy to the bathroom a couple time, as he see that his daddy pee standing up, he want to do the same. So from then on he start to pee standing up. The day he make it to the bathroom he gets to paste a sticker on the calender. As for poop instead of sticker he get to pick up a toy from the dollar store if he make it to the bathroom.
    TIP: Every time you bring him to the store first stop always go to the bathroom, I had once caught my boys climb behind the mechandise shelves and pee .

You can also take away favorite toy, for him to earn it back
    Anestasia

Answer by Anestasia at 1:05 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I let my oldest son go to Target and pick out a really special toy. I told him when he didnt wear diapers anymore he could have it. It took him about a week, but he got it. I did the cheerios in the toilet thing, but honestly I think what worked was he was almost 3, so he could understand the feeling of having to pee. Some of my friends tried to potty train their 18 month old and they were forever in doing it. I think the older they are the better, I'm not saying wait until they are 5 or so, but dont try it too soon, you'll just frustrate yourself and your son.
    GOOD LUCK!
    StaceeyL

Answer by StaceeyL at 11:45 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Whatever you do don't let the toilet lid pinch his weewee. That set my lil one back about 6 months because he was scared of the potty. Funny thing that got Noah trained is I switched daycares and the one I put him in said that he had to be "pullup' trained or they wouldn't accept him. So I lied and said he was. Over the weekend I talked up his new school, showed it to him (awesome playground), then told him they wouldnt let him in unless he could keep his pullups dry. He was in regular underwear by the end of the first week there. Desperate times...
    kaitnoahsmom

Answer by kaitnoahsmom at 11:48 PM on Aug. 28, 2008