How Do You Love More Than One Child?!?!?

So the question of having baby #2 has come up with my husband and I; now we haven't decided yet, but I'm curious and scared and wonder if I'm alone, How do you love more than one child?!?! I love my daughter so much, I don't know if it is possible to love another child as much as her!!! I'm so confused, so plesae tell me I'm not the only one who has thought this!?!?!?

HMHUTSON

Asked by HMHUTSON at 6:30 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• your heart seems to grow even if you think it cant
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 6:32 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• You can't really explain it YOU JUST DO!!!
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 6:34 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• You will be amazed. You will find that they are 2 totally different people and you will be able to love them independently. Parenting is an amazing thing.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 6:34 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• you just will... its a mommys nature to love.... we have more love to give then even we know!!
    boogirlsmommy

Answer by boogirlsmommy at 6:37 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Oh you are not the only one with this "problem"... and its actually the reason why i dont want any more children. I know it seems weird. But i love my daughter so much i would be afraid of not being able to love the new baby as much as my first born. I know a mother loves every of their children the same. Because my mom loves me as much as she loves my younger brother. But still this feeling i have wont go away. probably not until i have baby #2. which wont be in the next 10years. haha
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:45 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Girl, you cannot possibly imagine it right now, because you only have one. A mother's love does not stop at one, nor is it spread thin... It just grows to cover more children. Don't worry, I couldn't imagine it until I had more than one either. ;)
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 6:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I think all parents wonder this when they have only one. The love isn't divided when more children arrive - it is multiplied! My two kids are so different, and at times one is easier to deal with, while other times it is reversed. But I never love one more than the other. I adore them both beyond words. When the time is right to expand your family, you will see!
    yarnjunkie

Answer by yarnjunkie at 6:48 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Love is infinite; you'll have more than enough love for all your children, whether it's 2 or 10!!!
    Anonymous

• You are not alone! I had the same thoughts only a couple of months before I had my second son. I actually started crying to my husband about it one time. LOL I just could imagine how I would do it. But like others have said, once you hold the new baby in your arms it's a whole other story! There is no end to the love that you can have for others. In fact the love I have for my husband has only grown with every year that goes by. And now we have 3 kids together and I have 2 step kids. It's wonderful!
    01buckler15

Answer by 01buckler15 at 7:50 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I've asked my mom and mil the same question- and they say you just do!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 8:12 PM on Dec. 19, 2008