ok hi i was raped coming home from work one day and i decided to keep the baby but i've been thinking what do i say when he/she ask about there dad?? what do i say?? please help me

jessica10122

Asked by jessica10122 at 11:28 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in About CafeMom

• make sur ethat they know that you love them. tell them the are to young to understand when they are young then when they get older.. like 18 tell them. Do NOT tell them young. bad situations... teenage rebelion and depression ... eee
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 11:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• When they are old enough to understand you can talk to them. Rape is a very hard thing to talk about. You need to reassure them that you love them and you made the right decision. You need to let them know that you love them and that no matter how they came into this world you would never change having them. My friend was born out of pare and her mom waited to tell her until she asked when she was about 18. She just told her that she was raped and she made the right decision to have her and she is the best thing that has ever happened to her.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't say anything to the child about the truth until they were like 18 or a very mature 16-17 yr old.
    But for the beginning, I would say, "you do have a heavenly father who sent you to me because he knew how much I would love you."
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:19 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I just want to tell you that you did a corageous thing. I think the truth is always the best. Sometimes you never know at what age they will ask, so I would just tell the truth if at all possible.
    Aunttiff

Answer by Aunttiff at 2:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2008