I'm hypoglycemic... my pregnancy seems to intensify my attacks, does anyone else have this problem?

I'm having more attacks than usual. Morning sickness( which for me is queasiness all day) is making it hard to eat, thus making me have attacks more often. I don't want to end up having diabetes or going into a coma!!! Have any clue on what to do?

Babycakes82

Asked by Babycakes82 at 7:21 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'm hypoglycemic as well and I choked down as much as I possibly could. I made sure to eat a lot of carbs that way when I did vomit I would still have some of it processed. I know it is bad but you should be okay. Even if you have to eat something that stays down over and over again it'll help. Just know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 7:59 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I am diabetic but preg has made my sugars go crazy even with insulin. Just try to eat fruits and things with good sugars to keep your numbers on track. Good luck and hang in there.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:01 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• i'm hypoglycemic also, however it will not cause you to have diabetes. My dr that diagnosed me with it and my OB had told me it isn't / doesnt cause diabetes so don't worry about that. But just eat anything you can ever three hours and you should be fine
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 8:04 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I am not hypoglycemic, but I have a lot of similar reactions. I have found that when my morning sickness was the worst, I would have a protein shake and just sip it. What I have discovered being pregnant is that I really need balance my carbs with long lasting proteins. I also drank Gatorade instead of water, since it made me nauseous.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 9:10 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• More protein, small meals every 2 hours usually is good. Though this time around I swear eating large greasy meals has done the trick...not the healthiest advice though.

When I was pregnant with my first I tested positive for GD, but instead spent the whole pregnancy with low sugar. I was constantly hypoglycemic.

I am not pregnant with my third and new I was pregnant when I woke up dripping and sweat, shaking because my sugar was so low....sure enough I was.
    Anonymous

• Just try and snack on saltines throughout the day. That is what I had to do through the first trimester with my pregnancies. The carbs will convert into sugar and keep you going. My attacks would get so bad that I seriously thought I was dying or something because my heart would race and I would sweat and become light headed and all that. Maybe get a home testing meter and when you are having an episode take your sugar to make sure it isn't dropping too low. Feel free to message me anytime.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:45 AM on Dec. 20, 2008