President obama,

HELLO ALL MY Q. IS WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THE GOV. how would it effect you and your family?

what do u think should happen???

PLZ BE NICE! RAITHER IT EFFECT YOU ARE NOT!!!!

it really is a very big concern for many

6carebears

Asked by 6carebears at 9:16 AM on Jul. 26, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• You're right. It's a huge concern. My mom lives with us,and is on SS, and disability,and I'm unable to work, so I get disability as well. That, with my DH's income is what we scrape by on month to month,and it's getting harder and harder. Now, with the possibility of us not getting our Govt. checks next week looming, we are in a panic. We trust God, of course, but the human side of us cannot help but wonder what will happen. We won't be able to pay our rent, or other bills,and probably not eat, even. But, as I said,we trust God,and just take it one day at a time, and just hope for the best. I pray every morning and night that they will be able to reach a compromise,that works for everyone,and the blame game can stop long enough to do that. Guess we'll just have to see what happens from here.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:20 AM on Jul. 26, 2011

• Our government is out of control and I think a few people in Washington have finally begun to realize that something has to be done. It's always tough to try to rein in anything or anyone who has been allowed too much freedom, and we the people of this great country have given our lawmakers way too much freedom, which they have used to buy votes to keep themselves in their positions of power. I don't think there's any way that the government checks to its citizens will not go out on schedule, regardless of what happens with the current battle to raise the debt ceiling. The truth is that there are more than enough cuts that could be made in other areas which amount to no more than pet projects, if those in power were willing to make them. Who among us has the power to raise our personal debt ceilings when we run out of money at the end of the month? Congress should have to learn to live by the same rules as the rest of us!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:26 AM on Jul. 26, 2011

• So I dont know the details of what is going on here right now? I was busy yesterday & passed out super early last night!

Sounds like from the PP that they are going to take away SS all together & disability? Is that correct?

If that is whats going on here then that is unfair in my opinion. We (most people) work hard & pay into the government our taxes etc its unfair of the government to take away what we then get back later in life or when we need it the most. It's like kicking someone when they are already down. They need to figure out something else, its especially unfair when they spent all the money on whatever they wanted I sure as heck didnt want to spend the money the way they wanted to.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:29 AM on Jul. 26, 2011

• I think both sides need to learn what it is to compromise and listen to their bosses. People of the country voted for and hired both sides which means no one side should be demanding their way or no way. This is just disgusting. If I went to workand walked out because I was unwilling to find a middle ground I would be out a job. I find it sick any of them would use a tactic that could endanger our nation to get things their way.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:31 AM on Jul. 26, 2011

• Not getting SS checks is a LIE!! The gov. HAS the money to pay them and if we don't have the deal in time then the 14 amendment kicks in and Obama can make sure those check to SS, Medicare, Military, and the interest on the loans are paid. If those things are NOT paid it's because Obama FAILED to do his job!!! He's bluffing when said those things can't be payed, because they can be even if we go into default.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:36 AM on Jul. 26, 2011

• In a nutshell...the EFFECT of Obama's presidency will AFFECT us for decades to come! ;o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:36 AM on Jul. 26, 2011

• I am VERY worried right now! I don't want to Government to use Social Security as their personal piggy bank any longer!!! Too many hard working people have been paying in their whole lives and deserve to reap the rewards from receiving the benefits promised! Also, I am disabled (with MS for 20 years and 3 back surgeries) - so I am on Soc. Sec. Disability and use Medicare - don't know where I'd be without it! The already put a freeze on it for the past 4 years - it is wrong ... I worked hard for many years and paid in - they need to leave to Seniors and Disabled and Needy ALONE! The republicans need to back off and let the ultra-rich take some tax hikes - they can handle it! I think that is what Obama is pushing for but is being bullied by house and congress! Keeping my fingers crossed - but it's unfair --- it seems what the majority of what "THE PEOPLE" want is being pushed aside and bullied by the Elite!! UGH!!!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 9:37 AM on Jul. 26, 2011

• – collapse

Tell republiturds to stop playing russioan roulette with the economy

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:49 AM on Jul. 26, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• - but it's unfair --- it seems what the majority of what "THE PEOPLE" want is being pushed aside and bullied by the Elite!! UGH!!!

Answer by isismoon3 10 minutes ago

----------------------------------------
    Define "Elite".
    We need to just relax and wait. You do know that the "raising the debt ceiling issue" is not new. It has happened with Presidents back as far as when Reagan was President.In fact they had the same Debt Ceiling debate several times during Reagan's terms. So....its not worth getting panicky and scared and not worth hating the President.

http://www.publicradio.org/columns/marketplace/business-news-briefs/2011/05/raising_the_debt_ceiling_histo.html
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:51 AM on Jul. 26, 2011

• I think it is a big mess.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:52 AM on Jul. 26, 2011